We are looking for guardians homes from time to time for some of our puppies being kept for breeding dogs. By utilizing guardian homes, our dogs have their very own loving families for their lifetime beginning at 8 wks old when they leave their mother. The ideal guardian home is a local family within a hour to a hour and half of Greenwood, NS.
We firmly believe that our dogs benefit much more from having a home environment right from the time they are puppies, this ensures their happiness for their lifetime and best start in life.
We do require that the guardian maintain routine care of the Australian Labradoodle, which includes: Good quality food, regular grooming, vaccines, vet care and flee/tick medications, all of which are normal pet owner expenses. All breeding related expenses are covered by the breeder.
Here at My Dream Doodles, we value our dogs as family members and we want our guardian homes to value their puppy in the same way, and will fully support our guardian homes.
The guardianship is really quite simple, with some basic requirements.
1. Be a none smoking home.
2. Spend time training the dog in basic commands for good behavior, and manners. A puppy class is very helpful.
3. Own your own home.
4. Have a fenced yard or have the dog on a leash when outside of the home.
5. Have a flexible schedule.
6. Keep female dogs away from intact dogs when in season and male dogs away from intact females when in season.
7. We need to have the dog available to us for health test, breeding, and whelping puppies.
8. Exercise dog and not allow the dog to become overweight.
9. Whelping will take at place at My Dream Doodles residence unless other arrangements are made, and yes you can visit your dog and meet the puppies.:)
If you would like to become a guardian and you feel this is right for you, please contact us!
I’ll be happy to hear from you and answer any questions you have:)
There’s no Doodle like a Dream Doodle!!